Whether you need someone to proofread for typos, spelling errors, grammar, and punctuation, or you are looking for more extensive help in organizing content and expressing complex ideas, I can meet your business, academic, or personal editing needs.
Background and Experience
- I earned the Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing in December 2014, refreshing my knowledge of grammar, punctuation, word use, and other tools of effective editing.
- As a copy editor, I have helped improve grants and research papers in both the sciences and the liberal arts.
- I have edited a textbook that pertains to psychology, philosophy of thought, and computational modeling: Relational Thinking Styles and Natural Intelligence: Assessing Inference Patterns for Computational Modeling, by Phyllis Chiasson & Jane Tristan, published by IGI Global, 2012.
- I have B.S. and M.S. degrees in Neuroscience, from the College of William and Mary and Georgetown University, respectively, an academic background that equips me with the experience and skills to edit a range of technical and scientific documents.
- I have tutored college and high school students in multiple subjects, including writing and science.
- I have extensive experience with APA Style, but I can work with any style guide you require.
What You Can Expect
I will consider any submission, from dissertations to personal correspondence. Digital copies of documents are preferable and make tracking edits easier. I will also accept hard copy submissions, although turn-around won’t be as fast.
Payment is due upon receipt of completed work. For large projects, payment may be required in advance, or in scheduled allotments over the course of the work. If you desire a sample of my work, I will edit up to one page (250 words) free of charge. Please see my rates for more info.